To create awareness for the variety of theatre experiences in South Eastern Ontario
To drive qualified traffic to operator websites
• Adults 35-54
• Affluent, Educated
• Residents living in and around Upper New York State
• A mix of traditional and social media to reach an, affluent and educated audience
o A digital landing environment that presents productions by type of performance and run dates
TV: Why WPBS-Watertown?
• Our target audience consumes media on more than just digital
o TV is still part of the routine, especially for art and leisure enthusiasts.
• Audience size: 2.2 million viewers – 150,000 in Northern NY
• Audience type:
o Well-educated, affluent
o Eager to experience new things
o Cultural connoisseurs
o 83% of prime-time viewers: 50+
• Public broadcaster that has consistent ratings and is geared to our target audience.
Radio: Why WRVO-Watertown?
• WRVO listeners are highly educated: 70% of listeners have at least a bachelor’s degree.
• WRVO listeners are affluent: WRVO listeners are approximately 50% more likely to come from households earning more than $75,000 per year.
• WRVO listeners are strong supporters of fine arts, education and culture: 30% visited museums and 26% attended live theater performances in the past year. Six in ten have a valid passport.
Radio: What does the buy include?
9/3 – 10/20: Monday – Sunday for 8 weeks
10/29 – 10/31 Monday – Wednesday 1 week
• Standard amount of weekly spots per week.
• Online e-blast contest to 4,500+ subscribers for a Theatre
• Weekend Getaway contest hosted by the radio station on behalf of RTO9.
• Facebook is the largest social network and is the network on which more mature audiences interact the most.
• Targeting people of the same demographics as the audiences outlined for our TV and radio buys will increase the reach of the campaign and will be a more direct click-to-book channel.
• The buy will include English ads to Watertown and Upper NY state residents with an interest th arts
• Including SEM will help generate traffic to the site which will be advertised on radio and TV.
• Keywords that are likely to be used to search for Theatre in South Eastern Ontario will have paid support. This will create a clear path to purchase for the traveller.
- Funding for Fall Campaign dictates out-of-province target audience – Upper New York State resident
- Campaign dates: August – Oct 2018
- Campaign must incorporate 6 theatre operator partners;
- Thousand Islands Playhouse – Gananoque
- The Grand Theatre – Kingston
- Festival Players – PEC
- Empire Theatre – Belleville
- Regent Theatre Picton
- Brockville Performing Arts Centre – Brockville