"The Everyday Tourist"
South Eastern Ontario's “The Everyday Tourist” Photo Contest was implemented with the goal being for unique and experiential travel in South Eastern Ontario – residents and visitors – to submit their photos capturing South Eastern Ontario`s highly diverse experiences throughout all seasons. Look to our beautiful landscapes, our local artisans, our impressive performing arts scene and our exemplary culinary offerings if you're in need of some creative inspiration! We want to capture the intimate, the creative and the diversity that we all know and love about this region.
This contest was open to everyone – both professionals and hobbyists alike!
There was 1 Grand Prize awarded; A panel of 4 judges determined the winning entrant.
The Grand Prize was awarded to Jonathon B. from Kingston, Ontario. Prizes included a MacBook Air, Canon Camera, lens Bag and more valued at over $2250.00
Discover the charming city of Kingston where small-town charm meets big city sophistication. Immerse yourself in vibrant city alive with street festivals, an eclectic music scene and a true culinary destination; all on the beautiful banks of Lake Ontario. Then make your way to Le Boat’s base in Smiths Falls to start your cruise. Quaint, heritage villages welcome you with warm shops and delicious country fare throughout the Rideau corridor. This UNESCO World Heritage site is a great place to explore for an active or relaxing vacation. Wherever you decide to explore along the Rideau Canal, the scenery is always breathtaking. One Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- 7-night cruise on the Rideau Canal, World Heritage Site starting September 29, 2018 for a family of 4 or 2 couples aboard a 2-cabin cruiser sponsored by Le Boat; This is boat only; it does not include any extras, CDW, Fuel, provisioning; transfers, mooring fees.
- Flight for 4 from any carrier that flies into Toronto Pearson or Ottawa International Airports sponsored by Destination Ontario (economy class)
- 2-night stay in Kingston, Ontario, Canada pre- or post trip sponsored by Kingston
- Accommodation Partners DeltaHotels by Marriott Kingston Waterfront (breakfast included)
- dinner voucher from Kingston restaurants
- On-board basket sponsored by Wendy’s Country Market
- 4 x Kingston K-Pass – includes 1000 Islands Dinner Cruise, Kingston Trolley Tour, Museum Tours and more
The contest winner is from England. Nicola R. has been awarded the prize package.
Getaway For Two
You can win an AMAZING 1000 Islands Getaway for Two from Rockport Cruises Enterprise and TI Helicopters, valued at $1,000!
That's a dollar an island!
This package includes:
- A 2-night accommodation for two people in Rockport during September
- Two Castle Boat Tours from Rockport Cruises
- A helicopter tour for two
- A $100 dinner voucher and breakfast for two!
Enter below for your chance to win.
No purchase necessary. Contest starts at 7:00 a.m. ET on July 9, 2018, and closes on July 13 at 10:00 a.m. ET. Open to legal residents of Ottawa, Ontario who are of the age of majority in the province in which they reside. Some restrictions apply. Correctly answer to a mathematical skill-testing question required. Approximate retail value of the prize is $1,000. Odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received up to the point of the applicable draw.
The Prize was awarded to Cassandra F. from Ottawa, Ontario.