Although most provisions of Bill 148 come into force on January 1, 2018, employers must be prepared to comply with the new legislative requirements as many provisions of Bill 148 are now in effect. Employers must:
- Undergo a review and revision process of all employment policies
- Review employee job offers and employment contracts
- Evaluate current practices
- Evaluate training for management on new amendments
- Communicate the changes of the legislation with employees
- Ensure record keeping is in place as required.